Hello Hillcrest Family!
As you have probably heard, the Governor has begun to open up Texas and churches are able to meet again! Our staff has met and we will be opening back up this Sunday. While we can open our doors to in-person worship services, there are still some limitations and guidelines that we must adhere to in order to continue to keep everyone safe from the COVID-19 virus.
Here are the basics:
- We will have a limited opening this Sunday, May 3 with two blended services at 9:00 and 10:30 AM in English and at 12:00 PM in Spanish. All services will take place in the main Worship Center. All three services will also be live streamed on our website, Facebook and YouTube.
- Every other row of pews will be blocked off to help people maintain a safe six-foot distance as they worship.
- To ensure we are doing everything we possibly can to keep our people safe, especially our young ones, we will be encouraging families to sit together and there will be no nursery, Preschool, Children’s or Student ministries other than online for the foreseeable future. Please leave a 6′ gap between family units.
- We ask everyone to maintain six feet of social distancing as you move into the building and Worship Center.
- We encourage you to bring your own hand sanitizer. Even though we will have hand sanitizer on campus, we encourage you to bring some as well. (If you would like to donate some to help us have more than enough, that would be great, too!)
- There will be no bulletins handed out or offering plates passed during our services. We encourage you to use online giving, text-to-give or drop off your envelope in the receptacles by the Worship Center doors as you leave.
- The Infant Care Room off the of the foyer will be available for changing and feeding of babies only.
- We will have cleaning teams thoroughly clean every pew and surface between services.
- Water fountains will not be available.
- Sunday School classes will continue to meet online.
- We strongly encourage our at-risk population—those who are 65 or older, those with chronic lung disease; moderate to severe asthma; chronic heart disease; severe obesity; diabetes; chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis; liver disease; or weakened immune system—to stay home and watch our online services which will broadcast at the same times as our in-person services on our website, Facebook and YouTube.
- If you have had fever with the last 24 hours, any symptoms of sickness of any kind, or travelled outside of the state with in the last two weeks, please watch online as well.
- Masks are strongly encouraged.
- Parking lot hosts will welcome and guide people to a parking lot.
- We encourage everyone to park in the rear parking lot and enter through the Gym doors. You will enter via the West Gym doors and exit through the East Gym doors. Signs will be posted directing you.
- If you have limited mobility, parking will be available in the lots on either side of the Worship Center. If you are attending the 9:00 AM service, please park on the west side of the Worship Center. If you are attending the 10:30 AM service, please park on the east side of the Worship Center.
- Only one person per set of doors. No handshakes, fist bumps or hugs.
- No one will have to open a door.
- We will clearly identify and specify “entrance” and “exit” doors.
- We will keep areas as clear and open as possible.