Leaders in Training
Hillcrest Baptist Church believes in parents and their important part in the discipleship of their children. Youth surveyed nationwide say their number one source of spiritual truth is Mom and Dad, not the pastor, youth pastor or Sunday School teacher. We believe in the family and provide materials that help families grow together and learn a Christian worldview.
What Is Leaders in Training (LIT)?
Leaders in Training is a discipleship ministry for children in the 5th and 6th grades. Through this ministry, adult leaders work with the children to:
- lead any of them who are lost to a saving knowledge of Christ,
- help them discover their identity in Christ,
- disciple them in spiritual disciplines,
- equip them for sharing the Gospel and doing ministry, and
- help them find places of service in the church, in the community, and on the mission field.
Ministry Objectives for LIT
The LIT ministry aims to:
- teach parents the importance of disciplining their children and assist them in the process of disciplining their children,
- teach children the spiritual discipline of having a regular devotional life,
- teach them how to apply God’s Word to their daily lives,
- teach them how to pray and spend time alone with God,
- teach them how to be leaders in the church,
- help those who have received Christ discover their spiritual gifts and use them to build up God’s church,
- help them develop a desire to serve others inside and outside the church,
- teach them to pray for lost people and how to share their faith, and
- take children outside the church to do mission projects—locally (LITs) and away from the city on mission trips.