Good morning! I’m glad to welcome you to worship today at Hillcrest Baptist Church.
Greg Laurie states, “Now I want to help you discover one of the most effective tools in your evangelistic toolbox: Your personal story. Everyone who has put his or her faith in Jesus Christ has a testimony.” (pg. 81, Tell Someone)
In Acts 1:8, just before Jesus returned to heaven, He told His disciples what they were to do after his return to heaven. The instructions that Jesus gave on that day were not only for the original disciples, but they were for all of His disciples of every generation. Followers of Jesus are to be His witnesses.
According to Merriam-Webster, the definition of witness is as follows:
- attestation of a fact or event : testimony
- one that gives evidence; specifically : one who testifies in a cause or before a judicial tribunal
- one asked to be present at a transaction so as to be able to testify to its having taken place
- one who has personal knowledge of something
- a : something serving as evidence or proof : sign
b : public affirmation by word or example of usually religious faith or conviction
Today, as we study Acts 1:8, we are will learn that to be witnesses of Christ means that we are to share our own personal story of life before knowing Christ, our life changing experience of trusting Christ, and what Christ has done in our life. Hopefully, you will leave today and “SHARE YOUR STORY” with your family, friends, neighbors, and others as you “GO” about life.