The Singles ministry at Hillcrest exists to encourage young adults to serve God faithfully, serve others habitually, and worship God passionately. The focal point of the singles is the Sunday Morning Bible studies. From our Bible study groups we organize for fellowship and ministry in many ways.
This will be accomplished through in-depth, yet applicable Bible studies and awesome God honoring fellowships.
Young Adult’s Commitment
- We are committed to proclaiming the worth of Christ by putting forth an effort worthy of His glory in all aspects of life and ministry. (2 Corinthians 5:15)
- We are committed to finding our soul satisfaction in a relationship with Jesus Christ, enabling us to enjoy life and relationships in a
- We are committed to viewing all of life through a biblical lens, enabling us to understand our identity-our origin, purpose and destiny. (Acts 17:27-28)
- We are committed to taking the Gospel of Jesus Christ to an unbelieving world. (Acts 1:8)
- We are committed to modeling a winsome manner of life in our relationships and responsibilities through faithful stewardship of that which God has entrusted to our care. (2 Corinthians 5:20)
- We are committed to undergirding all that we do with prayer. (John 15:5,7)
- We are committed to becoming right men and women of character instead of merely trying to find the right person, thus equipping ourselves with the right tools to form a healthy marriage, if that be His will. (1 Timothy 4:7-8)
- We are committed to practicing biblical friendship by honoring, serving, protecting and loving one another like brothers and sisters in Christ. (John 13:35)
- We are committed to taking our thoughts captive to the purpose of singleness, the covenant of marriage, and the framework for remarriage as expressed in Scripture. (1 Corinthians 7)
- We are committed to holding each other accountable in the areas of our personal distinction and moral purity. (Hebrews 10:24)
- We are committed to engaging ourselves in the overall life and ministry of Hillcrest Baptist Church. (Ephesians 4:12-13)